Pages

September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We headed back to "Georgia's House" on Friday. What should take 6 1/2 to 7 hours took NINE HOURS!!!! It took us 2 hours to get through Atlanta. We were just holding our breath the whole time because Ava had refused to go to the bathroom before and we were afraid Nora would start crying. Thankfully, we made it through...only to get stopped by traffic again as we got into Cleveland. That is when Nora said, "This is enough! I can't take it anymore." So we listened to screaming for 20 minutes. I can't complain about 20 minutes out of 9 hours though. She was worn out. We all were. The weekend was amazing. We had cookout's each night with family, lots of painting time, relaxed on the porch swing and went to the 400 outlets for a little bit. We found a rug for the playroom for an amazing price at the Pottery Barn Outlet so now I can't wait to fix up the playroom. We have been wanting to since Ava was born so we are excited to get started finally. Of course we didn't leave without having Fred's Famous boiled peanuts, fudge from Hansel & Gretel, and time splashing and skipping rocks in the Chatahoochee River. We were also happy that Uncle Billie Earl, from Salem, IN, came. He is a remarkable man! His brain is a sponge and he has not forgotten one tiny detail of his life. He can tell details from jobs from 20 years ago, events that happened in any given year and other random facts. I would never want to challenge him in Trivial Pursuit.




Of course we got stopped in bad traffic on the way home too. We are thankful that we got home because the battery died right when we got home. The alternator and battery had to be replaced. Now, it is being serviced. We think my car knows it is about to be paid off. Ugh! But, we are praising God that He got us home safely. We could have been stranded at any moment.

Now, I am cleaning up the house so we can pack again for the beach tomorrow. From the mountains to the beach in one week. I think that is pretty impressive!

I'm also posting some favorite pictures. One is of Ava laying on the dryer....her new favorite past time is watching the washing machine. Weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment