Pages

September 11, 2009

Beach Vacay - day two

Thank goodness it doesn't matter to a 3 year old if it is sunny! Ava's attitude is rubbing off on me and teaching me a thing or two about priorities and perspective. Here is what it looked like all day today....gray.


It rained and is a bit windy but the girls are having a blast! Thankfully, they have a great indoor pool and hot tubs. We met a sweet family (4 little girls) and spent the day talking to them. By the end of the day, I think Ava had a conversation with everyone staying here. One person said, "I hope she grows up to have some sort of sales job because she has no problem speaking to anyone." Nora stayed in the indoor pool for a long time and then slept. She was exhausted! So, even though we won't come back with a tan (which I don't care about anymore anyway), we are still making memories and having a wonderful time spending time as a family. Just sitting on the balcony listening to the waves crash is worth every cent. I have not found anything that is more awe inspiring to me than the ocean. To my eye, it is just water crashing onto sand. But then, I think about what it holds: amazing creatures, ships, remnants of wars, etc.... There is just something powerful about the ocean. It makes me furious to think of all the trash that gets thrown into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment