So last night was rough. Nora and Ava were teaming up against me. Let me be a complainer for a second. I'm tired, I'm lonely without my husband (aka best friend, helpmate, etc...) and I have a horrible hacking cough that refuses to go away. So, on top of that, last night went something like this. Cough for 2 hours. Go to sleep. Wake up 20 min. later, passy back in mouth and roll her over, back to bed, ava crying, back to bed, nora rolled on back again, back to bed, Nora hungry, Ava crying, finally just sat on the couch. Still coughing. That is why I was a tad happy when Ava decided she didn't want to leave Nana's tonight and wanted to spend the night. I came home, got her stuff, came back home and got Nora in bed. Next thing I know...Ava's calling saying, "I just miss my mommy and Nora. I want to come home." The slumber party didn't even last 2 hours. She has stayed with them when we were in NYC and when I was in the hospital but never when I was at home. I think that on top of the fact that she is having a hard time being without her Daddy, made her not want to stay. On one hand, it feels good to be loved that much and missed. On the other hand, she better not wake up tonight. I need sleep.
One more thing before I call it a night. I took Ava to register for dance class this evening. When she walked in and saw the wall mirrors, she immediately put one hand on her hip and started to prance to the table as if she was practicing her moves. My girl can swing her hips!
Lena....sorry it's been a hard week. You are supermom though...hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteI know it's rough by yourself and not feeling well. It's funny how you forget about the hard times and think about the fun times later. Wish I could help.
ReplyDelete