Pages

January 12, 2010

Saving for Disney World

I have been wanting to go to Disney World since Ava was born. Kevin and I had an unforgettable time when just the two of us went so I just can't imagine what it will be like with children! I'm glad we waited because Ava is just now into the Disney characters. Snow White is still our favorite but Ariel is right at her heels. So...2010 is the year! We will be planning our October trip soon. We will be doing everything we can to maximize the trip but minimize the cost. That's a catchy little phrase isn't it! Now that we are celebrating being debt free (except the house), there is no stinkin' way we are charging a dime of the trip. We have been saving but to teach Ava a little bit about saving, I have made a special place for our Disney money to go. I explained the concept to her and now she tells people, "We are going to Disney World but it takes a lot of quarters!" We have even found her emptying out her piggy bank and putting it in the Disney can. Do you think she is excited and wants to go? Btw, we did put the money back in her piggy bank. Any change we get from breaking a dollar, Ava gets to put in the can. Who knows....maybe it will end up being our spending money because goodness...you know we are all coming back with tshirts galore. Here are a few close up pictures of our Saving for Disney can.



I purchased a plain paint can from Lowe's, used some card stock I already had along with some from Hobby Lobby, double sided tape, a big Mickey sticker from Hobby Lobby and my cricut cutter for the letters (in Mickey font of course).

We really like what it is teaching Ava and that it is a tangible reminder of something so great to look forward to.

1 comment: