
Chicken Teriyaki
serves 4-6
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
3 cups broccoli florets
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup teriyaki sauce with sesame and garlic ( I could only find just plain ol' Teriyaki sauce) - 1 cup was too much to me and I ended up draining some off. 1/2 to 3/4 cup would be enough for us. We like more rice than sauce though.
Hot cooked rice
Garnish: Sesame seeds (we used chow mein noodles)
In a large skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown. Add broccoli and carrots; cover, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in teriyaki sauce; cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over rice, if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
If you want it spicy, pick this bad boy up. I found it at Target. I had read that it is what Chinese restaurants use in my Bon Appetit magazine. I put too much though and my mouth was on fire! If you like Chinese and you like spicy, it is a must have.
No comments:
Post a Comment