Pages

December 18, 2009

Orange Blossoms

I'm so sorry I haven't posted any pictures or updates. I will post a slideshow at some point. We have been so busy with Kevin traveling a lot back and forth to Houston, Christmas activities & crafts, Sunday School party, dance, Kindermusik...you name it. Nora has a mouth full of teeth and gets into EVERYTHING! Ava never moved around too much and didn't get into cords or cabinets. Nora...not so much. She chews on cords, pulls everything down and has gotten fast when it comes to crawling. Since she moves around so much, she has more bumps and bruises. Last week (when Kevin was out of town of course), Ava was very sick. It was the worst sickness she has had to date. Nora is sick as well but not as bad.

We are leaving today to go to Baton Rouge for Christmas with Kevin's parents and brother. Hopefully, I can post some pictures while I am there but until then...I'll leave you with a YUMMY recipe (courtesy of my Aunt Janna) that is perfect for taking a treat somewhere. Ya'll know how much I love to bake so I made them to take to LA. It is so easy!

ORANGE BLOSSOMS
1 yellow box cake mix
1 box instant lemon pudding/pie filling
4 eggs
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil

Mix it all together and fill mini muffin pan 1/2 full. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. In my oven, it was perfect at 12 minutes. It will make 96 mini cakes! But don't worry, they will go fast. After each batch, spoon some glaze on the top of them.

GLAZE
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp oil (I put less and it was fine)
1/3 cup orange juice (I used sunny D b/c it was what I had)

1 comment: