I will post pictures of our Christmas soon. I am actually giving myself time today to work on scrapbooks! Hallelujah! So, until then, here is a terrific recipe for my baker friends.
I made these Christmas morning and got wonderful reviews. I thought I would go ahead and post in case you wanted to tackle this over the holidays. Be prepared...it takes time but so much fun (at least for me it was). I wish I had taken a picture because they were so big and pretty! :)
5-6 cups all-purpose flour (sifted once)
1 yellow cake mix
2 (1/4 oz each) pkg quick rise yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Frosting:
6 tbsp butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp milk
In a mixing bowl, combine 4 cups flour, dry cake mix, yeast and warm water until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 14in x 10 in rectangle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (the more the better). Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long side. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place cut side down in two greased 13 x 9 in baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 20 minutes.
Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes.
For frosting, in a mixing bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm rolls. I used all of it and everyone loved it but it was way too sweet for me. On mine, I would not have put as much frosting. Just depends on how sweet you want them.
Makes 2 dozen. I packaged them and froze them as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment