Pages

May 12, 2008

Mommy's Day!

Ok...I'm going to give the blogging thing a chance. I've enjoyed my friends so I thought I'd give it a shot. Mother's day is a great starting point.

I was treated like a queen all weekend so I have nothing to complain about. My mom always said that every day is Mother's day and now I know exactly what she means. I enjoyed the day but I do not need a holiday to make me feel loved and appreciated thanks to an amazing husband and daughter. Saturday night we had a great dinner at Carrabba's. We were shocked at everything Ava was eating. She won't eat what a normal child does such as mac & cheese but she will eat lentil soup, salad, broccoli, etc. She was putting some food down! Then Sunday we went to church and listened to yet another honest and valuable sermon from Pastor Ed. We were so excited to be able to see Chris & Joy and I got to hold Ella (thanks Joy). I can never get over how quickly babies change. When I went to get Ava from the nursery, I teared up because she had made me gifts over the last few weeks.
She made a butterfly and a flower with her hand prints and a vase out of a glass & tissue paper. These are the first Sunday School crafts that I have been given and they just mean so much! Before Ava, I would see what my niece's would bring home or other mother's would have in their hands and I would look forward to the day when I would have those things. Now I do and I love it!

At lunch at my parents, Ava decided that she was over the high chair and has moved on to a booster seat. Guess I should be buying one of those soon for her. She's a talker and has been for a while but something has changed in the last few days. Her sentences are more clear and instead of repeating things we say, she is coming up with more and more things to say on her own. One of the best comments today was when I was rocking her before putting her down for the night. I was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and she sat up, tilted her head to the side and said, "Good job Mommy!" Those tiny moments are wonderful.







Today is just a fun day at home. Here's a picture of what we did for a while. Yep...we still hunt eggs! This time, she had to wear her tutu.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've started the blog!!!

    Ella was glad her Aunt Lena held her and she got to see her buddy, Ava!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good Mother's Day! Great pictures:) Are these with the new camera? Hope to see you all at the beach!

    ReplyDelete