Pages

May 15, 2008

Memories

I received very sad news Tuesday night that the dad of two of my greatest high school friends (twins) passed away after a long battle with cancer. I stayed awake that night with my mind just going crazy with thoughts of what they must be going through and feeling. It's hard to understand sometimes why one must go through such brokenness and pain. I'm thankful that they are a family of true faith and I'm certain that they will lean on God to help them heal.

I was so happy to see them today and just give them a hug. I had not seen them in a long time...too long...and was reminded of how much I truly care about them and their growing families. I was in their house that I remember being in all of the time as a teenager and now I was there with their children playing. It was a very neat feeling. I get that feeling with Maurita and Chris all of the time too. It's a "wait a second...aren't we supposed to be 18? How did we get to be 30 so fast" feeling.
We are all grown up.

I rode to their house with another high school friend and even though I had not seen him in years, it was as if we had talked every day. Just comfortable...how it should be. It amazed me how everything has changed, yet nothing has changed. We are the same people, only improved.

I realized how much I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment