This week, I learned a lesson. That I'm not too old to learn a lesson. At first, I was defensive, then mad, apologetic and last but not least, reflective. I'm a 35 year old who can be childish and is too sensitive and stubborn for my own good. What is so frustrating is that what I project at times, especially to others, isn't what I feel in my heart and definitely isn't who I am or want to be. I talk too much. I always have. That is never good.
I read a quote not too long ago that has stuck with me. "If only people would listen with the same passion that they have for wanting to be heard."
That's me in a nutshell. I just want to be heard. Problem is, I forget to listen. It isn't intentional but an inability to shut everything off in my head and focus on what I'm presented with at that moment.
So, after a long week, I came home Friday to a large bouquet of flowers from a husband that adores me no matter what. They weren't Valentine's Day flowers. They were "You haven't had a lot of W's in the win category lately" flowers. And that is why I treasure him. I don't mind being called out on my mistakes or craziness and I definitely don't have a problem apologizing when necessary but at the end of the day, my husband and my three glorious children, they are the only people who I want/need approval from. Everyone else...they are people placed in my life by God for a reason, even if it is just to teach me to let things go and apologize.
No comments:
Post a Comment