Pages

February 6, 2013

Can I get an order of SERENITY now please?-

I'm staring at counters full of school papers, grocery bags, library books and tons of crumbs thanks to Eli's constant eating.  Chairs are full of ironing, toys and junk mail.  The floor, even though I just mopped, has all kinds of mystery stuff on it...again, thanks to my bottomless pit.  Yet, here I sit.  I can't figure out whether I want to throw my hands up, laugh or cry.  I promise that as I type and look at all of the things I need to do, I really am thinking, "I'm glad I have three amazing munchkins to clean up after."  Even though I know this and feel it in my heart, I still don't know if I should throw my hands up, laugh or cry.  Just because I know how I should feel about the "stuff" or to do list, doesn't make it any easier.  Especially when I thrive on order and feel more at peace when things are organized and clean.  The fact that I can't find one of #3's shoes, t-shirts for Disney World have disappeared and I just stepped on a Hot Wheel...barefoot, isn't helping matters.  So, while #2 and #3 are napping, I'm choosing to sit here in silence instead of tackling the bazillion things on my to do list.  I may regret it later but for now, it is a few minutes I can call my own.  One day, my counters will be spotless and I will be begging for my munchkins to be little again, messing stuff up.  Or not.  

Now, I'm going to browse through The Container Store online and dream of more organized days.  

2 comments:

  1. i so feel your pain. i function so much better with order but sometimes order is hard to find!!! i'll pray for a housecleaner and personal assistant to show up on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so feel your pain. i function so much better with order but sometimes order is hard to find!!! i'll pray for a housecleaner and personal assistant to show up on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete