Pages

March 1, 2011

Yummy Recipe

It has been a long time since I have posted a recipe, or anything else for that matter.  I will try to be better about it but I'm not promising anything.  The days go by too fast for me to keep up.

Here is a recipe that I tried yesterday and it turned out great.  I think I will add it to my next freezer cooking day list as well because it was easy and didn't take too many ingredients that I didn't already have on hand. I took it to a family in our Sunday School class and she enjoyed it as well.  So, maybe it is a winner.

Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole

2      tablespoons butter
½     large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2      cloves garlic, minced
2      cups shredded cooked chicken
¾     cup pre-diced ham (We will use the rest of the ham for a soup and another dinner during the week)
1      cup uncooked long-grain rice
1¼   cups chicken broth
¼     cup milk
½     teaspoon salt
½     teaspoon ground black pepper
1      cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (Who has time for that!  Bag stuff works great.  :) )
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Add chicken and ham; cook until heated through. Add rice, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, milk, salt, and pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment