Pages

June 25, 2010

Movie Night Cookies

These yummy cookies are one of my favorite cookies and definitely a reliable one. I get compliments every time. We made these because I already had the heath bits from the cookies last week. It also uses basic ingredients I keep on hand in our pantry.

Now we are off to snuggle up to Ava on the air mattress and watch a movie. I wonder what we will be baking next week?



HEATH BITS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1/2 cup shortening (I used butter flavored b/c it is what I had and they are still good)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
34 tsp salt
1 pkg heath toffee bits (I didn't use a full bag and they were fine)

Heat oven to 375.
Beat Shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in heath bits. Bake 7-10 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool completely. In my oven, it was 8 minutes or 7 minutes on a warm pan. You don't want to wait until the edges turn brown because you will want them soft. It made 5 dozen 1 tsp size cookies. I use the small scoop from Pampered Chef to make it faster and the perfect size.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to know how you fit in baking after dinner and then a movie! Wow, that's impressive. :) Popcorn with treats inside is as far as I have made it!

    ReplyDelete