I'm not quite sure if these fun do dad's are crafty or just earthy. Either way, we had a blast!! Kevin has been out of town for two weeks (home during the weekend) so we were so excited to spend the day with him. Ava found a pinecone on our walk Wednesday but she did not want to make anything with it until her Daddy came home. So, today was the day! She woke up talking about doing her "pinecone craft." First, we had to pack in some errands, Easter pictures with a skitish bunny and a short nap. The rest of the day was spent working in the yard. Ok...so Kevin did the working and we did the playing/supervising. That is what we do best!
These fun outside crafts definitely made our work day much more fun! I'm pretty sure these are things we all did in elementary school but it is still fun...even for us parents. Ava's giggle box went crazy after she covered Daddy's finger in bird seed and said she was going to feed him to the birds and "you're my bird feeder." She was laughing so hard her eyes were tearing. That made the mess well worth it.


We have a small garden that we really enjoy during the summer and is by far one of Ava's favorite things to do with her Daddy. Again, I supervise. Side note: my Mom says that when I would get dirty as a child, I would hold my arms out, whine/cry and demand to be changed. Some things never change. Ava planted onion, carrot and lettuce seeds in the egg carton's. She loves to watch plants sprout so this is right up her alley. Then, after they sprout, we will transfer them to the garden.

those are the biggest pinecones ever!!! avery made a pinecone birdfeeder at school but not long after we hung it up, a squirrel stole it! we'll be making another soon!
ReplyDelete