Pages

February 22, 2010

Nora bug's 1st birthday cake

I think Nora's first birthday is going to have to be divided into 3 posts because well, the laundry and mopping won't get done on its own like I wish it would.
I had so much fun making her cake. Sometimes they aren't that fun because maybe it is too complicated or it doesn't turn out like I had visualized it would. This time, it did! I was up until 1am finishing it but the Starbucks didn't wear off until about 12 am, thankfully. I ordered the party favors from Cookies by Design. They are so yummy and they never disappoint when it comes to their artwork. I was excited about the bucket that I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby that I was able to display them in. The hat was given to me by Valerie Baker for Ava's first birthday but we forgot to use it. Oops. It meant a lot to be able to use it for Nora though.

And...Nora's crying. Guess nap time is over. There's another big reason why her birthday will be in three posts. Ha!



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely precious which matches the birthday girl perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too crafty lena! the cake looks amazing...can i hire you?

    ReplyDelete