Pages

February 1, 2010

It's Norantine!

I realize before I even type this how strange and crazy my family will sound but it is worth sharing if it makes you smile. We have a habit of naming our birthday months after a holiday. It all started with "Lenakuh." I'm almost positive my sweet friend, Joy, is smiling right now. There is "Kevinary" and now "Norantine"! Ava + July is causing a bit of a problem. We can't seem to make something work. We spend the entire month of our birthday's celebrating. As you can tell, we love birthday's. We think they are incredibly special and worth the time and energy we put into making each other feel loved, appreciated and simply blessed to have them in our lives. Again, I realize how strange this is but it's our strange tradition and we love it.

So today marks the beginning of Norantine! All things Nora! We still can't wrap our minds around the fact that our baby girl, who is supposed to still be 6lb. 1oz. is turning ONE in 19 short days! We are planning a small family lunch to celebrate. After searching for ideas, I realized that I could make everything much cheaper than buying them. So here is my first birthday craft...invitations. I will make a banner and of course decorate her cake. I'm not going overboard like I did with Ava's. After the first child, I think us Mom's realize that all of the craziness isn't what is important.

In my defense, they look so much better in person. :)



Friday, Ava received a package from her Meme. She was so excited about the hat and scarf that she made for her. It means so much to have something hand made from such a special Meme.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny. What about Avafest or Avabration??? Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! They are beautiful! And I like Chris' suggestions on Ava's bday month =)

    ReplyDelete