Pages

June 8, 2008

Here are just some fun things over the last few days.
- Ava wanted to wear the apron I use when decorating cakes. I had it up too short but she wore that thing outside, everywhere during the evening. She likes to do everything I do now and I love it. It is amazing how loved she can make me feel.

- Thursday we had fun playing at "Rita & O-nen's house." They had watermelon, played in the water...and this is Owen pushing Ava in his electronic 4-wheeler. She talks about "O-nen" constantly. Sometimes, we will hear her talking to her "friends" in bed about Rita or Owen. Recently, she was going through WinnDixie saying "RITA! Where are you Rita??"

- Saturday we were grocery shopping and Ava was being so sweet. She said, "Mommy, best friend." I had a moment. I could have just balled. I can't imagine her saying that to anyone else. I will always be her best friend and I hope she grows up knowing that.

- Today, we were at Nana/Papa's house for Sunday lunch. Everyone was finished and we were just visiting. Mallorie was in the play room and we didn't realize that Ava was in there too at first. Ava came into the room with us and kept saying "Ma-E" and we didn't know what she was getting at. Then she got louder saying "ma-e (Mallorie) room!" So we went to check and a board had fallen on top of Mallorie. This is one of those times I just well up with tears. We were all so proud of Ava. It was such a huge thing she had done. Knowing to come get us for help is just a big deal and the first time she has done that. She was determined to get our attention for us to come help Mallorie. I'm no parent of the year and I'm not trying to sound cocky but small things like that just make Kevin and I feel like we must be doing something right. If we can raise a loving, God-fearing, caring, and helpful child, it will be the greatest accomplishment.

1 comment: