Pages

July 8, 2010

AVAbration!

We had Ava's 4th birthday party Tuesday morning, the day before her actual birthday. She wanted a Princess tea party and that is exactly what she got. It was so much fun to plan. I went a little crazy with it. Kevin said that it must have been the tea party I never had as a child. What really happened is that I have been picking up things here and there for a while so I didn't know how much I had until I started pulling everything out. It turned out great. We had 9 Princesses all dressed up, one Prince and one Knight. When the girls arrived, they received a ring and a princess tattoo. Why do kids like those so much?? The boys weren't left out. They got Batman or Spiderman tattoo's. We made tiara's, crowns for the boys, necklaces and shields. Thank you Oriental Trading! Then they were served bite size food and got to have pink lemonade in their tea cups. Ava had the best time. When she started opening gifts, she got shy. She does this only once a year when she opens gifts. All other times, she doesn't have a shy bone in her body. I don't think she likes all of the eyes on her. If that is the case, then she gets it honestly from her Mommy. After the cake, they were able to make their Magic Mix. Thank you Merritt for the idea (it came from one of your play date posts)! That was a big hit and it definitely won't be the last time I do that. It was the perfect party favor!

Ava really enjoyed her party. She was so happy all day and I know she felt special. It definitely wore her out. She and Nora both took a 4 hour nap!

Enjoy the pictures! I wish I had taken more time with the pictures. Some are out of focus. :(

3 comments:

  1. I can tell that was a Hit! I love the cake..that had to take all day and night :). Pretty Pretty Princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell that was a Hit! I love the cake..that had to take all day and night :). Pretty Pretty Princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun! (and very familiar!) and once again, the cake is amazing!

    ReplyDelete