July 12, 2008
Ava's Birthday Party
Oh my goodness what a whirlwind day! I woke up to a to do list for Ava's party at 10:30. Decorate cupcakes. check. Ava dressed. check. Chickfila picked up. check. Her party was at the Watermelon Patch and it was worth every penny. The helpers unloaded my car, set everything up, were so organized, kind and interactive with the kids. They cleaned up and packed the car back up. It is a very clean place and we had the whole facility to ourselves. I couldn't have asked for more. The best part was watching the kids. They were all having so much fun. I don't think there is anything better than seeing a child just being a child. Ava really had a fun time with her family and friends. We had a Snoopy theme since she carries her Snoopy around with her wherever she goes. I had gotten everything off of ebay but didn't go overboard. My sister, Melanie, made the cutest Snoopy doghouse so I could put the party favors (snoopy head cookies) in it. That was a big hit.
She only opened a few presents there so we are about to dive into those in a minute. I really had a hard time trying to figure out if we should give her a birthday party with friends or just a small family one but I'm so glad we opted to have friends and family. I'm glad Kevin video taped the whole thing so I can go back and really see Ava's reactions. I was busy snapping pictures most of the time.


No comments:
Post a Comment